I've never been unemployed in my adult life, so this is completely foreign to me. I have been beating myself up for resigning from my job and traveling. I have to remember that I listened to my heart when I left, so the choice must have been right. Right? I need to accept the consequences of that choice and believe it was for the best. Every day without a call back results in a drop in my self esteem and happiness. That needs to stop. Negativity breeds negativity. No more! Life can't always be perfect and I still have a ton to be thankful for. Balance will come in due time.
|My quiet little corner of the house to read, write and reflect.|
- People who love me and accept me for exactly who I am (and am not).
- Beautiful nieces and nephews who keep me young.
- My sister and brother in law for flying me out to Illinois.
- This delicious cup of coffee and warm blanket.
- Last night's candlelight yoga practice next to my sister. Since having 3 kids, it is rare that we ever have time alone together.
- Music. I love listening to music I haven't heard in awhile, like Jenn Grant, Angus & Julia Stone, and Wild Belle. Good for the soul!
- Running. Being in a house full of screaming children this past week makes me grateful for that one hour I take to run and decompress. I now understand why so many moms are marathoners.
- Puppy snuggles. Holly, the family dog, now lives with my sister and I've missed her. She's been at my side every second since I've been back home.
- The belly laughs I have when I'm with my crazy, silly family. It is the best medicine.
- Red wine. Just because.
So rather than wallow in regret and bitter disappointment at not yet finding a job, I need to count my blessings, soak up this rare free time with my family, and smile a little more. Everything will fall into place as it should. It always does.