Sometimes I forget about all of the wonderful things in my life and I focus on what is lacking. Bad idea! Then I hang out with my seniors who are living in poverty and have little to no family and my perspective quickly shifts to that of gratitude. * I work for a non-profit that provides meals and services to seniors in need.
So in the spirit of giving thanks, let's take out our pens and paper (seriously, do it!) and write down what we're grateful for. Maybe grab a cup of tea or coffee and really just meditate on all the goodness that is in your life. Sometimes this can be more challenging than other times but once you get going, you'll be surprised what random things come to mind. Seeing an entire page of handwritten positives is a great way to kick any negativity to the curb and to bask in all that is right in your world.
I'll get us started...
Today, I am grateful for:
(The Big Ones...)
- A meaningful job that feeds my soul on a daily basis.
- Incredible friends that love and support me and are especially kind and warm when things get tough.
- This here blog. It has provided me so many great opportunities and even a helpful little side income and I absolutely LOVE doing it! I've met so many wonderful people through this old thang.
- Running. This will always make the list. It helps me to deal with life's challenges while also challenging me physically and mentally in a way that helps me grow. And running just makes me really freaking HAPPY.
- The furry friends in my life. They're the best snuggle buddies in the entire world.
- My family, of course. They're crazy and they're awesome and I couldn't love 'em more.
- Access to healthy, fresh foods. This one is HUGE for me! Not everyone has the ability to eat fresh, local, delicious food like we do here in southern CA and I do not take it for granted.
(The Smaller Ones...)
- Coffee. Seriously. Life just wouldn't be the same without it and I would have a lot less motivation to get up in the morning.
- My gym. I just love it! It's clean and kind of swanky and it has everything a (fit) girl could dream of in one place. It makes me seriously happy to be there.
- Taylor Swift. Yeah, laugh all you want but her music puts me in the best mood ever! (I like really cool music too - promise!)
- My book club. #nerdalert. For the past 4 years I've been in one book club or another and I thoroughly enjoy it. I love reading and it's so much fun to discuss books with like-minded (and sometimes not-so-like-minded) people.
- Yoga. I don't go nearly enough but when I do, I am so thankful for the practice and the teachers who spread their love and light all around.
- San Diego. I will admit, I am getting a little tired of the constantly perfect climate but it is such a beautiful place to live and I am grateful for the chance to have spent 5 years here so far.
|Had to do it, guys.|