I remember obsessively watching The OC from my couch in a cold suburb of Chicago when I was in high school. I’d fantasize about what it would be like to live somewhere like southern California. So glamorous and sunny and warm. Ahh. To think I could be tan year round without ever lying in a tanning bed! Then MTV came out with the reality show version, Laguna Beach, and I was even more obsessed because it was “real.” I even made my college boyfriend take me to Laguna Beach on our summer vacation and I looked everywhere for Kristen Cavallari and Lauren Conrad. No luck. I can’t even believe I am admitting any of this…
Fast forward, I live in southern California now and I get to be an ambassador for The OC Marathon! I am super excited for this race and it just so happens to fall on my birthday weekend, which makes it an even bigger deal. ;)
- Scenic oceanfront course. #enoughsaid
- It’s still pretty damn cold everywhere else in the U.S. in early May.
- Racing at sea level is the best.
- The course only has relatively small hills – so it’s great if you’re looking for a BQ!
- The early start time means you’ll have plenty of time for a nap.
- One of the sponsors is Massage Envy. You know what that means…
- The OC Marathon is part of the Beach Cities Challenge.
- As of today, $54,459 has been raised for charity by OC Marathon runners!
- There are fish tacos and live 80s music at the finish!
- You get to celebrate my 29th birthday with ME!
Okay, if that wasn’t enough for you to register right this second, just watch this video:
What are you waiting for?! Come run with me!!
Did you used to watch The OC or Laguna Beach?
P.S. I still haven't met anyone from either show. Still on the lookout whenever I'm in the area.
Seth from the OC. Such a sweetheart that one!