Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
My 11 Random Things:
- Yesterday, I accepted a new position as Advocacy Supervisor at work. This is a huge step up for me and I will now be working directly on behalf of San Diego's foster youth while supervising their Court Appointed Special Advocates. Yipee!
- My first time ever being on a plane was when I was 18 and I jumped out of it.
- When I'm running a race I say weird things to myself like, "You got this, baby!" and "C'mon girl!" It actually freaks me out and I have no idea why I talk to myself like a creepy man.
- I spent one month in South Africa back in 2008 and ever since, I can't stop dreaming about living there one day.
- I don't have a TV.
- My favorite word is superfluous.
- I have always scoffed at The Bachelor and said I'd never watch it. After watching one episode a few weeks ago, I am hooked. That's embarrassing.
- I decided yesterday that I am going to write a letter to my family, in case I die young, asking them to train for a 5k together and run it in my memory. That way, there is a chance that someone in my family will find a love for running and it can be passed along down the line. I realize it's a bit morbid but life is short and you never know when something awful might happen.
- I've always been secretly jealous of people with cool nicknames. After all these years, I was finally given a nickname: Spandex. Not exactly what I had in mind.
- I am superstitious about what I eat the night before a race. It must be pizza. Nothing else will do.
- I have a tattoo from when I was 18 that I hate. To all of the teens out there that are dying for tattoos, just wait -- I can promise you that you won't like it in 10 years.
In five words or less, tell me your most embarrassing moment (example - mine would be boyfriend, toilet, overflow). In SUAR fashion, I was out for an early morning trail run and had to go #2. I decided it was early enough that I wouldn't be spotted. Unfortunately, as I was doing my business, a mountain biker passed me and looked directly at me. I was mortified. Edit: I just realized this says 5 words or less. Here goes: Me, poop, trails, person, saw
What’s one habit you need to break? I have a ton of bad habits: Nail biting, saying "like" and "oh my god" too often, and chewing on my cheek - something that grosses Angela out. Does anyone else chew their cheek? Or am I part cannibal?
What’s your favorite book of all time? Of ALL time!? C'mon Beth, I'm a book worm and this is a really tough one. A few books that will always stand out in my mind are: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, A Fine Balance, Let The Great World Spin and Everything Beautiful Began After.
Have you ever cheated on a test or a partner (don’t need to tell me which one)? Forgive me father, for I have sinned. The answer is YES but only to one of these. Which one, you'll never know.
If you weren’t doing your current job, what would be your profession? I would love to be a writer.
Do you think Bob Harper is gay? Bob Harper is as straight as I am -- which is not at all! He probably poops rainbows and glitter. I love that man!
What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received? My mom recently told me that she felt lucky to be my mother and that I was such a gift to her. She has 5 kids, so I felt pretty special.
Would you rather be able to run further or faster? Easy question - FASTER. I can already run a marathon and I'm sure I could run further if I trained, but to run a 2:20 marathon would be amazing.
What food gives you gas? Angela would answer: Every food gives Kate gas. And I would have to agree.
Ever done a cleanse or had a colonic? No, but I would love to have my colon cleansed!
What’s your dream marathon? Funny you should ask, because just this morning as I was driving into work I decided I want to run the Paris Marathon before I turn 30. That would be my dream marathon.
Now, here are my questions for the folks I decide to tag:
- Would you rather be told you could never run again for the rest of your life, or you have to wear the same outfit every single day for the rest of your life?
- What is your favorite post-run indulgence?
- What song gets you the most pumped up during a run?
- Favorite running movie?
- Have you ever peed yourself during a run?
- If you could invite 3 people (alive or dead) to a dinner party, who would you invite?
- If you could trade lives with anybody (for one day), who would you trade with?
- If you had the ability to enact any law right now, which would it be?
- If you had $1 million to donate to any cause, which cause would you choose?
- Who inspires you?
- Cats or dogs?
Jess @ Blonde Ponytail
Sarah @ OUAL
Pam @ Life Began at 30
Rose @ Eat, Drink and Be Meiri
Christi @ Pedestrian Runner