SANTA BARBARA INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
I would still like to run a full marathon in 2012 since Boston was a bust -- damn tendinitis! That said, time is running out! I recently visited Santa Barbara and posted about it here. I love that city SO so much and would love an excuse to go back up there. Santa Barbara International Marathon: November 10, 2012. Anybody? I am strongly considering it. Training wouldn't be difficult as I still have a good 13 mile long run base. It would be easy to build up to a couple 20 milers in time for November. Right? Let's weigh the pros and cons.
- Again, Angela would not be able to accompany me and she is my biggest support person.
- The race is on a Saturday so I'd have to take time off of work to drive up on Friday. Good-bye, precious PTO.
- If friends came along, they'd have to take off Friday as well (see #2) and I would hate for anyone to give up vacation time for MY silly marathon.
- The heat doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so I may have to face those hot, miserable long runs that I just ditched Long Beach for.
And the PROs:
- Another trip to gorgeous Santa Barbara. Enough said.
- A beautiful point-to-point course to run. No back and forths or zigs and zags like Surf City!
- A smaller race, which usually means a lot less of a hassle.
- One of the last chances to run a marathon in 2012.
- Driving distance! No flights needed.
- Did I mention I love SB?
It appears there are more pros than cons. Hmmm... I am going to sleep on this one.
Any advice? Should I run SB? Do you know anyone running it?
I've been having so many good runs lately and it makes me anxious to train for something again. This Saturday, I had an excellent 13 miler before a friend's birthday party. That always makes the party more fun because I don't feel guilty about eating tortilla chips and drinking margaritas. I mean, I just ran 13 miles!
|I just ran for almost 2 hours, gimme another margarita!|
Do you feel like you can indulge a bit after a long run? After 20 milers I like to have a big peanut-butter & chocolate cupcake from Lotus Cafe. All vegan, all delicious!
On Sunday, my friend and I went out for lunch and coffee in Little Italy and then hit up Blick art supply store. I am trying to do some DIY art for our home which should be a bargain, right? Well, I spent nearly $100 on stuff for 3 pieces of DIY wall art. It better be good or I will be kicking myself for not buying someone else's better artwork. Are you a DIYer? Thanks to Pinterest, I will be giving it a shot! (Photos to follow).
Who's in for Boston 2013? I'm going for it! It is so expensive and can be such a hassle, BUT I planned ahead and bought this incredible KGB Deal for airfare and hotel to Boston for only $99! How amazing is that? If that all works out (as it should), this trip will cost me hardly anything. If you're on the fence about it, I say go for it! You won't regret it. :)
This post sure was all over the place. I think it's time for a run! The sun has set, the heat has passed, and I shall go...